A couple of weeks ago, I started this blog, and a new ayurvedically inspired wellness plan. The goal was to feel better more than lose weight, but hey, I won’t be upset if a few pounds disappear. My problem is that I have IBS. I have struggled with it since I was a kid, and lately, it’s been pretty bad. So I was more concerned about getting my digestive system into balance than losing weight. So here is what I have to say, 10 days in….
- I haven’t had an IBS flare since beginning this plan. That’s a big deal, because even though it’s only been 10 days, right now 10 days is a record. I have, in recent months had 1 or 2 flare’s a week. So I am cautiously optimistic about this. At least enough to keep going.
- Since starting this plan, 2 cold fronts have passed by migraine-free. That’s also a big deal for me. I usually get one that lasts for days for each cold front. The one that just hit us, caught me by complete surprise. That hasn’t happened in years. Years. I’ve been able to make the migraines tolerable, but have not gone without one completely for as long as I can recall.
- I am sleeping better than I have in a long time, and I’m not in pain when I wake up. I can’t say I don’t have body pain anymore, but I can say that the pain is no longer interrupting my sleep. That is good, I think.
- I cannot accurately report about my energy being higher. It seems to be better, maybe just from better sleep. However, since I injured myself pretty bad, I have been taking it easy, and resting more than normal.
- Likewise, I cannot make a report about my mental capacity. Although, I feel more alert and sharp, I am not ready to say I’ve seen a noticeable improvement.
So for the next 20 days, I’ll continue with the adjustments I’ve already begun to get used to. Then I will be adding a few components to my routine that I’m told will increase my energy, and reduce brain fog even more.